Iran hangs two for attack posted on YouTube
- Three students, allegedly planning to join ISIS, detained at Nagpur airport
- 'Biggest surprise of all': US media praises PM Modi's stop-over in Pakistan
- Key idea of PM's stopover: Demystify India-Pak visits, delink from outcome
- AAP government suspends three transport officials for alleged corruption
- Sadhana: The actor with the timeless elegance, the fringe and that outfit
Iran state radio says two men have been hanged publicly after posting a video on YouTube showing them robbing and assaulting a man with a machete on a Tehran street.
The execution was carried out today after officials called for a speedy investigation and trial because of public outrage.
The video emerged in early December and was later shown on state TV.
The two men, both 24, were convicted of "waging war against God," a broad charge that can cover actions ranging from anti-state organising to violent assaults.
The semiofficial ISNA news agency says nearly 300 people witnessed the hangings.