Iran says nuclear talks from Feb 25
- Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Iran on Sunday announced fresh talks with world powers on its nuclear drive and said it was open to a US offer for two-way discussions if Washington's intention was "authentic".
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said the six world powers planned to resume talks in Kazakhstan on February 25 and he insisted Iran had never pulled back from the negotiations. "I have good news, I've heard yesterday that 5+1 or EU3+3 will be meeting on February 25 in Kazakhstan," Salehi said at the Munich Security Conference.
Iran and six world powers — the US, China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany — held three rounds of talks last year aimed at easing the standoff over Iran's nuclear activities, which Tehran insists are peaceful. The six nations called on Iran to scale back its programme but stopped short of meeting Tehran's demands to scale back sanctions.
The new date for talks has not been confirmed by the office of the EU foreign policy chief, leading the negotiations.
Salehi added that Iran took comments by the US Vice President Joe Biden who said Saturday Washington was ready to hold talks with Iran on its nuclear programme, "with positive consideration".