Iran to establish navy base near Pak port under Chinese control
- Kolkata flyover tragedy 'an act of fraud,' says BJP
- Kolkata flyover collapse: Not hopeful of finding any more body, says Army
- We are also shocked that the flyover collapsed, say builders
- Narendra Modi to meet top leaders of Canada, UK, Japan at bilateral summit
- MS Dhoni answers retirement question with his own trick question
Iran has planned to establish a new base near Pakistan's border in the Sea of Oman. According to Iran's state-run media, the location is Pasabandar, near Iran's border with Pakistan.
The move came as Pakistan prepared to sign an agreement with a Chinese firm to hand over the control of Gwadar Port, the News reports.
Iran's state run media quoted Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari as saying that the naval base which is under-construction is located in the country's far east coasts in the Gwatr Gulf along the borders with Pakistan.
According to the report, he said that the Navy has intensified its efforts to develop the Makran coasts, which stretches from Iran's port city of Bandar Abbas to Makran, also called Pasabandar.
China douses India's concerns of taking control of Gwadar port
Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan, Liu Jian has asserted that no one should be worried or annoyed by Pakistan's handing over Gwadar Port to China.
Talking to Nawa-i-Waqt at a function, the dignitary disclosed that the agreement regarding the transfer of management of the deep-sea port will be signed on Monday.
According to the Nation, about India's criticism and concerns regarding the handing over of the port, he said that no country should have apprehensions over Pak-China cooperation.
He added that the bilateral arrangement is in the economic interest of the peoples of China and Pakistan. Asked that certain countries were thinking China would use this port for military purposes, he said that the hypothesis was absolutely baseless.
- Nawaz Sharif helping army to rule without governing Pakistan
- There's little difference between BJP, Congress on use of Article 356
- Is agriculture a business?
- The most effective ally of terrorism is complacency
- Uttarakhand shows how BJP promises of cooperative federalism
- There was ghar wapsi and beef. Nationalism has been added to the list