Iran to establish navy base near Pak port under Chinese control
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Iran has planned to establish a new base near Pakistan's border in the Sea of Oman. According to Iran's state-run media, the location is Pasabandar, near Iran's border with Pakistan.
The move came as Pakistan prepared to sign an agreement with a Chinese firm to hand over the control of Gwadar Port, the News reports.
Iran's state run media quoted Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari as saying that the naval base which is under-construction is located in the country's far east coasts in the Gwatr Gulf along the borders with Pakistan.
According to the report, he said that the Navy has intensified its efforts to develop the Makran coasts, which stretches from Iran's port city of Bandar Abbas to Makran, also called Pasabandar.
China douses India's concerns of taking control of Gwadar port
Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan, Liu Jian has asserted that no one should be worried or annoyed by Pakistan's handing over Gwadar Port to China.
Talking to Nawa-i-Waqt at a function, the dignitary disclosed that the agreement regarding the transfer of management of the deep-sea port will be signed on Monday.
According to the Nation, about India's criticism and concerns regarding the handing over of the port, he said that no country should have apprehensions over Pak-China cooperation.
He added that the bilateral arrangement is in the economic interest of the peoples of China and Pakistan. Asked that certain countries were thinking China would use this port for military purposes, he said that the hypothesis was absolutely baseless.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2