IRB constable attacked on way to Lopoke
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Gadkari says there's casteism in Bihar DNA then retracts by saying he meant 'political' DNA
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: Another poor start by KKR, lose openers early against DD
An Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) constable posted in Jammu region was allegedly attacked by some persons on Saturday while he was heading to his village, Lopoke, after attending a hearing in court.
Bachittar Singh, who was later admitted to a private hospital, was attacked with sharp-edged weapons, said police. "A case has been registered and further investigations are on. Bachittar Singh had a matrimonial dispute and a trial was on in court," Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh Virk said.
A person, who accompanied Singh to the hospital, said while Bachittar was engaged to a girl, he later married another. "The family of the girl Bachittar was engaged to filed a case. Today, they attacked Bachittar when he was returning to his village on a two-wheeler. The assailants first hit the two-wheeler with their car and then attacked him with sharp-edged weapons," the person added.
Two more arrests in Gurpreet murder case
The Amritsar (rural) police on Saturday claimed to have arrested two more accused in the Gurpreet Singh murder case. The accused have been identified as Pargat Singh and Ninder Singh, SSP Preetpaul Singh Virk said. The police had earlier arrested two accused in the case — Swaran Singh and Amritpal Singh. Gurpreet's mother had alleged that he died after being abducted and beaten up by 11 people — including sarpanch of Nangal Wanjha Wali village Amarjit Singh.