IRB men held for 'forcing' couple to have sex on camera, uploading video online
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Four personnel of the India Reserve Battalion were suspended Tuesday for allegedly forcing a couple to have sex in their presence, recording it and uploading the video on the Internet.
The four include two havaldars and all belong to 1 IRB. They were arrested in Manipur's Churachandpur district Monday and have been remanded to police custody for six days.
The incident allegedly occurred last week at Khuga dam in Churachandpur where the four IRB men caught a couple having sex. The Khuga dam is a restricted area and the personnel who were stationed there were on patrol.
They allegedly forced the couple to continue and filmed them. The video was later put on the internet where it went viral. Locals allege that the IRB personnel also abused the woman and may even have molested her.
The incident sparked protests and there has been widespread outrage against the IRB personnel. Their involvement came to light when women's organisations in Churachandpur questioned the couple involved in the incident and took them to the police.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words