IRB men held for 'forcing' couple to have sex on camera, uploading video online
- No fire NoC, Bhubaneswar hospital lost accreditation two months ago
- Four-tier GST structure proposed: low of 6 per cent to high of 26 per cent, extra on luxury goods
- Law panel seeks 1-year jail for parents who ‘abduct’ kids to foreign country
- Cross-LoC operations in past too, strikes made public as part of strategy, S Jaishankar tells panel
- Ayodhya takes centrestage ahead of UP polls
Four personnel of the India Reserve Battalion were suspended Tuesday for allegedly forcing a couple to have sex in their presence, recording it and uploading the video on the Internet.
The four include two havaldars and all belong to 1 IRB. They were arrested in Manipur's Churachandpur district Monday and have been remanded to police custody for six days.
The incident allegedly occurred last week at Khuga dam in Churachandpur where the four IRB men caught a couple having sex. The Khuga dam is a restricted area and the personnel who were stationed there were on patrol.
They allegedly forced the couple to continue and filmed them. The video was later put on the internet where it went viral. Locals allege that the IRB personnel also abused the woman and may even have molested her.
The incident sparked protests and there has been widespread outrage against the IRB personnel. Their involvement came to light when women's organisations in Churachandpur questioned the couple involved in the incident and took them to the police.
- SC stand on triple talaq remains to be seen
- Tamil Nadu is misusing hate speech laws
- Theatre of conflict has shifted to media where battles are lost and fought on a daily basis
- Bravado has overtaken the sense of sobriety that BJP should have shown after the surgical strikes
- When Manju became an unsung warrior in a proxy war against the nation
- Sharing culture humanises India and Pakistan, banning pushes both towards war