IRB men held for 'forcing' couple to have sex on camera, uploading video online
- Setback for Sasikala as TN education minister Pandiarajan joins Panneerselvam camp
- Rahul Gandhi's counter to PM Modi's raincoat remark: 'He likes to peep into people's bathrooms'
- Behind Infosys war, unused $5 billion sitting in cash
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017 Phase 1 Live Updates: 25 per cent voting till 11 am in Ghaziabad
- Hold your tongue, I have your entire janam patri: PM Modi to Congress
Four personnel of the India Reserve Battalion were suspended Tuesday for allegedly forcing a couple to have sex in their presence, recording it and uploading the video on the Internet.
The four include two havaldars and all belong to 1 IRB. They were arrested in Manipur's Churachandpur district Monday and have been remanded to police custody for six days.
The incident allegedly occurred last week at Khuga dam in Churachandpur where the four IRB men caught a couple having sex. The Khuga dam is a restricted area and the personnel who were stationed there were on patrol.
They allegedly forced the couple to continue and filmed them. The video was later put on the internet where it went viral. Locals allege that the IRB personnel also abused the woman and may even have molested her.
The incident sparked protests and there has been widespread outrage against the IRB personnel. Their involvement came to light when women's organisations in Churachandpur questioned the couple involved in the incident and took them to the police.
- Across the aisle: Wanted expansion, got contraction
- Fifth column: Beyond black money
- Inside Track: Trumped out
- Out of my mind: The big one
- Sheer scale and funding of Hafiz Saeed's organisation across Pakistan makes it impossible to effectively ban
- State policy of restricting availability of anti-TB drug due to fears of antibiotic resistance is undemocratic