IRCTC App for e-ticketing launched
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Shastri was the best Congressman; Sonia files nomination from Rae Bareli
- SpiceJet can't sell tickets at Re 1, it is malpractice, says DGCA
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- Five killed as 8.2 magnitude earthquake jolts Chile; tsunami alert issued
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)on Thursday launched a new application for Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices to facilitate the users with a new channel of booking e-tickets tickets in addition to the existing portal.
The new IRCTC App, developed in collaboration with Microsoft, is expected to enhance access to its existing e-ticket portal. "With this alternative channel of booking, the passengers will have an additional convenience and better experience of booking e-ticket," said Rakesh Tandon, CMD of IRCTC after the launch of the App.
The App has been made available exclusively for Windows devices. The users of Windows Phone, Windows 8 Desktop, Tablet, laptop can download this application free of cost as per their requirement from the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store respectively.
"We are excited to make the IRCTC App available exclusively on the Windows platform. We are committed to bring exciting and new experience to your Windows devices and will continue to create many such firsts," said Joseph Landes, General Manager of Microsoft Corporation.Using this new App one can plan a trip, make railway reservations, check the PNR status and perform all the tasks already available on the IRCTC web site.
The service, however, will not be available between 8 AM and 12 AM and 11.30 PM and 12.30 AM as per the existing Railway guidelines. Tandon said, "We feel the App is ideal for the modern consumer who is always on the move. Windows is the most
trusted and widely used platform and offers the requisite security required while handling vast amounts of personal and financial user data."
The App will provide the users an enhanced experience of all IRCTC website services and offer a few exclusive services to the App users. The new features for the App-users, include visual maps of train routes, among others.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies