IRCTC App for e-ticketing launched
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)on Thursday launched a new application for Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices to facilitate the users with a new channel of booking e-tickets tickets in addition to the existing portal.
The new IRCTC App, developed in collaboration with Microsoft, is expected to enhance access to its existing e-ticket portal. "With this alternative channel of booking, the passengers will have an additional convenience and better experience of booking e-ticket," said Rakesh Tandon, CMD of IRCTC after the launch of the App.
The App has been made available exclusively for Windows devices. The users of Windows Phone, Windows 8 Desktop, Tablet, laptop can download this application free of cost as per their requirement from the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store respectively.
"We are excited to make the IRCTC App available exclusively on the Windows platform. We are committed to bring exciting and new experience to your Windows devices and will continue to create many such firsts," said Joseph Landes, General Manager of Microsoft Corporation.Using this new App one can plan a trip, make railway reservations, check the PNR status and perform all the tasks already available on the IRCTC web site.
The service, however, will not be available between 8 AM and 12 AM and 11.30 PM and 12.30 AM as per the existing Railway guidelines. Tandon said, "We feel the App is ideal for the modern consumer who is always on the move. Windows is the most
trusted and widely used platform and offers the requisite security required while handling vast amounts of personal and financial user data."
The App will provide the users an enhanced experience of all IRCTC website services and offer a few exclusive services to the App users. The new features for the App-users, include visual maps of train routes, among others.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota