Irda brings back auto clearance process for life products
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: 40 per cent electorate caste vote in first seven hours
To fast-track the approval mechanism, insurance sector regulator Irda on Tuesday re-introduced the process of automatic clearance to life insurance products.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) said in a circular that the process "...requires the insurers to submit a copy of policy document with policy schedule under File and Use application... in respect of all products filed from April 1, 2013 onwards".
Irda had dispensed with the submission of policy document under File and Use or automatic clearance procedure in 2007. The regulator said it has re-introduced the approval of policy bond under File and Use procedure after various stakeholders in the life insurance industry approached it on the issue.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling