Irda brings back auto clearance process for life products
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
To fast-track the approval mechanism, insurance sector regulator Irda on Tuesday re-introduced the process of automatic clearance to life insurance products.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) said in a circular that the process "...requires the insurers to submit a copy of policy document with policy schedule under File and Use application... in respect of all products filed from April 1, 2013 onwards".
Irda had dispensed with the submission of policy document under File and Use or automatic clearance procedure in 2007. The regulator said it has re-introduced the approval of policy bond under File and Use procedure after various stakeholders in the life insurance industry approached it on the issue.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties