Irrfan Khan to work with Naseeruddin Shah in Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro sequel
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan is all set to work with ace actor Naseeruddin Shah in Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro sequel.
The D Day star will be reprising the character Sudhir Mishra (played by actor Ravi Baswani) in the reboot of the hit 1983 comedy Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro which was directed by Kundan Shah.
"It was Kundan Shah's one of the best films. I will be playing the role of late actor Ravi Baswani," he added.
The 46-year-old actor, who worked with Shah in Maqbool and Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota (where Naseeruddin Shah was the director), said he is looking forward to the opportunity. The duo are National School of Drama (NSD) graduates.
"Naseer bhai was my senior in NSD. Working again with an actor of such a stature would be a nice experience in itself. The film will also give a chance to work on a good script. We will start shooting in a month or two," Irrfan told PTI.
Irrfan feels that the Hindi Film industry is going through a good phase and movies are getting appreciation even from the international audience.
"A good movie is such that it touches hearts by crossing the boundaries of world, color and language and forces you think about those issues which you had not paid attention to earlier," he said.
Irrfan, who won National award for Paan Singh Tomar, said his film has motivated others to make movies on the lives of sportsmen.
"Now, we are making film on sportsperson like Mary Kom and Dhyan Chand," he said.