Is housing sensitive to the rate cycle?
- Achhe din govt has failed the country, says Rahul Gandhi in Lok Sabha
- AAP crisis: Bhushan hits back, blames Khetan for planting stories in favour of 2G accused
- SC refuses to dismiss NGT's ban on older vehicles
- I was Nitish Kumar's mask, but I unmasked him: Jitan Ram Manjhi
- Oil paper leak: Court takes cognisance of chargesheet filed against accused
There are other macroeconomic factors governing the housing sector in particular. A very important factor is that rural housing and rural housing finance are a priority sectors as per National Housing Bank. We as financiers have an unsaid responsibility of supporting housing development in rural areas, and provide more impetus towards this sector.
The author is MD, Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited