Veena Malik marries businessman in Dubai
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Controversy's favourite child Veena Malik is reportedly married to a Dubai based business man. The Pakistani model-actress tweeted a picture saying: "I have found my Soul mate.... my Friend...my Partner!!!
I have found my Soul mate.... my Friend...my Partner!!! pic.twitter.com/hCSLUfY0JL— Veena Malik (@iVeenaMalik) December 25, 2013
The 29-year-old actress married businessman Asad Bashir Khan Khattak in Dubai court, a news channel reported and will soon have a full fledged celebration. Veena Malik has said that the new couple will perform Umrah soon. The reports suggest that her husband is the son of her father's friend.
The channel aired footage of the couple flashing their wedding rings and meeting relatives.
"I'm more than happy today, I think I'm the happiest girl in the world," Veena Malik told the channel outside the court.
She said it was an arranged marriage. "Destiny just plays its part, we were destined to be there on this particular day," she said.
Veena Malik refused to speak at length about the marriage and only said, "You will just get to know the details very soon." She added that her husband had promised her a "white wedding in the US".
Khattak said their parents had wanted them to get married as soon as possible. He added that functions would be held in Dubai, the US and Pakistan.
Veena Malik shot to fame after her participation in the controversial celebrity game show 'Bigg Boss' season 4. There she was linked to fellow contestant and Bollywood actor Ashmit Patel, with whom she had reportedly gotten very close and intimate.
However, after the show got over, problems surfaced in their relationship. Veena Malik and Ashmit Patel however, reunited on-screen for 'Supermodel'. The actress had said that it was difficult doing intimate scenes with him (Ashmit Patel) as they were not on talking terms during the shooting.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18