Isha Koppikar makes her Marathi film debut
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The lissome lass, Isha Koppikar known for her sizzling item songs and Khallas moves in Hindi films makes her Marathi film debut with Maat, under the production banner, Sailee Dream Ventures. The actress, who is married to hotelier, Timmy Narang, had taken a brief sabbatical and now excited at testing new waters.
The film which is a social drama, depicts the life of a happy-go-lucky couple, specifically showcasing the problems faced by the modern career oriented woman. Samir Dharmadhikari plays the role of her husband. The compelling story line was the deciding factor which made Isha sign on the dotted line. "When producer Manali (Sudha) Sawant and director Manohar Sarvankar approached me and narrated the script. I was intrigued because it is a very slice-of-life kind of portrayal."
The shooting which commenced last week will have a start to finish schedule and is slated to release early next year.