Isha Koppikar makes her Marathi film debut
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
The lissome lass, Isha Koppikar known for her sizzling item songs and Khallas moves in Hindi films makes her Marathi film debut with Maat, under the production banner, Sailee Dream Ventures. The actress, who is married to hotelier, Timmy Narang, had taken a brief sabbatical and now excited at testing new waters.
The film which is a social drama, depicts the life of a happy-go-lucky couple, specifically showcasing the problems faced by the modern career oriented woman. Samir Dharmadhikari plays the role of her husband. The compelling story line was the deciding factor which made Isha sign on the dotted line. "When producer Manali (Sudha) Sawant and director Manohar Sarvankar approached me and narrated the script. I was intrigued because it is a very slice-of-life kind of portrayal."
The shooting which commenced last week will have a start to finish schedule and is slated to release early next year.