Isha Koppikar makes her Marathi film debut
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The lissome lass, Isha Koppikar known for her sizzling item songs and Khallas moves in Hindi films makes her Marathi film debut with Maat, under the production banner, Sailee Dream Ventures. The actress, who is married to hotelier, Timmy Narang, had taken a brief sabbatical and now excited at testing new waters.
The film which is a social drama, depicts the life of a happy-go-lucky couple, specifically showcasing the problems faced by the modern career oriented woman. Samir Dharmadhikari plays the role of her husband. The compelling story line was the deciding factor which made Isha sign on the dotted line. "When producer Manali (Sudha) Sawant and director Manohar Sarvankar approached me and narrated the script. I was intrigued because it is a very slice-of-life kind of portrayal."
The shooting which commenced last week will have a start to finish schedule and is slated to release early next year.