Isha Koppikar makes her Marathi film debut
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The lissome lass, Isha Koppikar known for her sizzling item songs and Khallas moves in Hindi films makes her Marathi film debut with Maat, under the production banner, Sailee Dream Ventures. The actress, who is married to hotelier, Timmy Narang, had taken a brief sabbatical and now excited at testing new waters.
The film which is a social drama, depicts the life of a happy-go-lucky couple, specifically showcasing the problems faced by the modern career oriented woman. Samir Dharmadhikari plays the role of her husband. The compelling story line was the deciding factor which made Isha sign on the dotted line. "When producer Manali (Sudha) Sawant and director Manohar Sarvankar approached me and narrated the script. I was intrigued because it is a very slice-of-life kind of portrayal."
The shooting which commenced last week will have a start to finish schedule and is slated to release early next year.