Isha Koppikar makes her Marathi film debut
- 'Betrayed' by BJP, Jaswant Singh hits out at Rajnath and Vasundhara, files nomination as independent from Barmer
- EC takes note of Arvind Kejriwal's complaint, seeks details from government on proposed gas price hike
- Shakti Mills gangrape: Court accepts plea for additional charge against convicts
- Maharashtra poll authorities seek detail on Sharad Pawar's vote-twice remark
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Country not safe in hands of those who are insensitive during riots, says Pawar
The lissome lass, Isha Koppikar known for her sizzling item songs and Khallas moves in Hindi films makes her Marathi film debut with Maat, under the production banner, Sailee Dream Ventures. The actress, who is married to hotelier, Timmy Narang, had taken a brief sabbatical and now excited at testing new waters.
The film which is a social drama, depicts the life of a happy-go-lucky couple, specifically showcasing the problems faced by the modern career oriented woman. Samir Dharmadhikari plays the role of her husband. The compelling story line was the deciding factor which made Isha sign on the dotted line. "When producer Manali (Sudha) Sawant and director Manohar Sarvankar approached me and narrated the script. I was intrigued because it is a very slice-of-life kind of portrayal."
The shooting which commenced last week will have a start to finish schedule and is slated to release early next year.