Ishwar Pandey takes five in drawn match
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Madhya Pradesh rode on pacer Ishwar Pandey's five-wicket haul and Jalaj Saxena's all-rounnd show to take a vital first innings lead of 127 runs over Saurashtra after bowling out the visitors for 492 on the final day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match in Indore on Tuesday.
Pandey scalped four wickets on Tuesday to return with figures of five for 144, while after hitting 194 with the bat, Saxena picked up three wickets for 85, including that of overnight centurion Sagar Jogiyani, with his off-spinners to help MP pocket three points from the encounter.
MP had scored 619 for eight declared in their first essay.
At the close of play, MP were 119 for two in their second innings with Saxena unbeaten on 56 and Anand Bais on 22.
Opener Satyam Choudhary (29) and Naman Ojha (1) were the two wickets to fall, both becoming victims of run outs.
Andhra settle for three points
Andhra settled for three points by the virtue of their first innings lead in the Ranji Trophy Group C match against Himachal Pradesh that ended in a draw but not before some excitement as the visitors lost a clump of wickets with stumps in sight.
Chasing an unlikely target of 345, Himachal lost a few wickets towards the end of the fourth and final day with medium pacer Gonnabattula Chiranjeevi instilling some excitement, claiming three wickets between the 33rd and 35th overs.
But Himachal had enough batsmen to survive until stumps were drawn.
Merai, Venugopal hit tons to give Gujarat three points
Bhargav Merai (198) missed out on what would have been his maiden double-hundred by a mere two runs while Venugopal Rao struck 111 as Gujarat produced a fine batting display to overhaul Haryana's first innings total and earn three points from their drawn Ranji Trophy Group A match in Ahmedabad on Tuesday.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express