Islamic hackers deface Oz govt website over anti-Islam film
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Web pages of the New South Wales (NSW) State Emergency Service were hacked and defaced in an apparent Islamic protest against the controversial YouTube video that insulted the Prophet Muhammad.
"The shame you are doing to Muslims is never going to be forgotten!!," the message on the defaced pages, addressed to "US, Israel, France and all Muslim enemies", reads.
"How can you even think talking about our Prophet Muhammad?? ... We will never let you humiliate and tease the Muslims," it added.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the web pages targeted were sub-pages for regions including Wollongong, Sydney Southern, Gosford, Hurstville, Guyra, Corindi, Armidale, Ryde, Randwick, Lismore, Tamworth, Kogarah, Manly, Orange, Shoalhaven and Inverell.
All of the targeted web pages were defaced with the same message and while they have been pulled offline, the attacks have been archived by Zone-H.org.
A NSW SES spokesman said an investigation was underway, but the websites that were attacked were hosted on a different server to the one that hosts the main SES site.
"We are in the process of transitioning our SES units across to the state-wide server, which is a more secure one," the spokesman said.
The creator of the YouTube video, alternately titled "Innocence of Muslims" or "The Real Life of Muhammad", was arrested last week for violating terms of his probation.
According to the report, his 14-minute clip sparked protests around the world, which have reportedly led to the deaths of dozens of people.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy