Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband issues fatwa against tattoo, use of perfume
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi, Nitish are bosom friends, says Lalu; Sonia files nomination
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- SpiceJet can't sell tickets at Re 1, it is malpractice, says DGCA
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- Five killed as 8.2 magnitude earthquake jolts Chile; tsunami alert issued
Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa against tattoo and use of perfume with alcohol content.
Issuing yet another decree, the seminary said,"Namaz of those, who have tattoo on their bodies or have sprayed perfume with alcohol in it, is not valid."
A youth had asked a question from the seminary,"One of my friends has a tattoo on his arm and it would cost him a huge sum if he goes for a surgery to remove it.
Is it valid to have a tattoo in 'sharia'. What he should do."
In its reply the seminary said,"The tattoo should be removed with the help of a doctor."
To another question on the use of perfume, the seminary's reply on its website says,"Namaz (prayers) are not valid if someone is having a tattoo or has sprayed a perfume with alcohol in it."
One more Islamic seminary, Bareli Markaz has backed the Deoband's decree saying that,"Marking tattoo on body is against the tenets of Islam."
Earlier, Darul Uloom had issued fatwa against appointment of Muslim women as receptionists, calling it illegal and against sharia law.
"Muslim women working in offices as receptionist is un-Islamic because Muslim women are not allowed to appear before men without veil," it said.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies