Israel air strike kills Gaza toddler: medics
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
An Israeli air strike on central Gaza killed an 18-month-old Palestinian child and wounded his two young brothers today, an emergency services spokesman has said.
"An 18-month-old baby was killed in a strike east of Bureij (refugee) camp in central Gaza," spokesman Adham Abu Selmiya said, naming the toddler as Iyyad Abu Khusa.
Health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said that the two wounded boys, aged four and five, were "in critical condition."
The Israeli military had no immediate comment on the strike, which took place several hours after two other people were killed in separate air strikes on the northern towns of Beit Hanun and Beit Lahiya.
The attacks came after a quiet night on the Israeli side of the border, with the military confirming that no rockets had hit between 9:00 pm (1900 GMT yesterday) and 7:00 am (0500 GMT) today, after which two struck the south.
The latest air strikes raised the death toll in Gaza from Israeli air strikes since Wednesday to 47, with more than 450 people wounded, the emergency services said.
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized