Israel envoy meets Modi, says his country may partner next VGGIS
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
Israel may partner with the state for the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors' Summit-2015, said Israeli Ambassador to India Alon Ushpiz after a closed-door meeting with Chief Minister Narendra Modi here Wednesday .
"It is quite possible that we might partner with Gujarat for the next Vibrant Gujarat Summit in 2015. We have never had a shadow in this friendship with Gujarat and are quite at home here," said Ushpiz.
After mangoes, Israeli technology will be used in growing vegetables in the state as Israel plans to start a centre of excellence for vegetables. "The Gujarat government will implement this technology and you will adapt it in growing of vegetables... We are also interested to cooperate with the state on recycling of sewage as we are a nation that recycles almost 80 per cent of its sewage back in to agriculture. Water management and renewable and thermal energy are other sectors that we interested in engaging with Gujarat," he added.
On the controversy over a city-based garment shop named 'Hitler', he said, "I come from a family that has lost many members in the Holocaust. We are happy that action was taken swiftly and the name was changed."