Israel Grants Scholarships to 66 Outstanding Indian Researchers
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
For the first programme of its kind time, almost 66 Indian Post-Doctoral Scholars will travel to Israel in the coming months, to pursue research at top universities. The researchers will benefit from three-year scholarships granted by the government of that country.
In the framework of this scholarship programme, fellows from IIT Delhi, Osmania University, Universities of Delhi, Lucknow, Calcutta, Mumbai and other leading academic institution in India will conduct research in a wide variety of fields, including immunology, genetics, neurobiology, bio-informatics, computer sciences, law and economics. The research will be undertaken at leading universities in Israel, namely, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University, Haifa University, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, the Weizmann Institute of Science and the Open University of Israel.
In the last year, universities in Israel have continued to figure highly in global rankings, with three included in the top 100 universities of the world and a total of six among the top 500.
The post-doctoral scholarship initiative was conceived during the visit to India of Israel 's Finance Minister, Yuval Steinitz, in December last year.
Steinitz had met HRD Minister Kapil Sibal and the two pledged their support for bolstering Indo-Israel academic cooperation. With a view to the outstanding importance of ties between Israel and India, Israel 's Minister of Education, Gideon Saar, and the Chair of the Planning and Budgeting Committee of the Council for Higher Education in Israel, Prof. Manuel Trajtenberg, granted their full support for the initiative.
A call for research proposals for yet another round of this post-doctoral scholarship programme has already been announced. Applications can be submitted through Israeli universities.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer