Israel PM’s wife’s fashion faux pas sparks controversy
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
ISRAELI PM Benjamin Netanyahu's wife Sara has caused a media storm by wearing a see-through lacy black dress at the swearing-in ceremony of the new lawmakers with critics rebuking her taste as "cheap and immodest".
The 54-year-old Sara turned up at the 19th Knesset (parliament) opening ceremony in a tight black see-through lace dress much to the disapproval of media.
Uriel Heilman of the JTA news agency compared her outfit to something worn by Beyonce, and made fun of her saying, "Sara Netanyahu is no Michelle Obama".
The outfit Sara chose for Tuesday's inauguration of the 19th Knesset was a form-fitting, lacy number with a transparent top.
A fashion critic on Channel 10's "Erev Tov" programme dubbed the outfit "cheap and inappropriate".