Israel responds to Gaza rocket fire with air strike
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
Israel's military says its aircraft hit Hamas targets in Gaza after militants there fired rockets at southern Israel. The military said it struck "a terrorist weapon storage facility and a Hamas training installation" early today. Gaza health officials said nobody was hurt.
The military said it was responding to Gaza rockets fired at Israel the night before that landed in an open field causing no injuries.
Gaza attacks on Israel have declined since a military campaign in November, but sporadic fire persists. Israel holds Gaza's militant Hamas rulers responsible for all
attacks from the territory.
A shadowy extremist Muslim Salafi group was behind recent attacks, including one last month. Hamas sees the Salafis as a threat to its rule while Salafis view Hamas as too moderate.