Israel responds to Gaza rocket fire with air strike
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
Israel's military says its aircraft hit Hamas targets in Gaza after militants there fired rockets at southern Israel. The military said it struck "a terrorist weapon storage facility and a Hamas training installation" early today. Gaza health officials said nobody was hurt.
The military said it was responding to Gaza rockets fired at Israel the night before that landed in an open field causing no injuries.
Gaza attacks on Israel have declined since a military campaign in November, but sporadic fire persists. Israel holds Gaza's militant Hamas rulers responsible for all
attacks from the territory.
A shadowy extremist Muslim Salafi group was behind recent attacks, including one last month. Hamas sees the Salafis as a threat to its rule while Salafis view Hamas as too moderate.