Israel’s Mossad ‘tried and failed’ to kill Saddam with ‘book bomb’: Documentary
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Israeli's intelligence agency Mossad tried and failed to kill Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein with a book bomb in the 1970s, a new documentary has revealed.
The film, titled 'Sealed Lips', said that the notoriously paranoid Hussein refused to open the package containing the book himself, and instead had another Iraqi official open it.
According to ABC News, Brigadier-General Tzuri Sagi, the mastermind of the alleged operation, told filmmakers the device was prepared by an Israeli bombmaker identified only as "Natan."
The movie also revealed that Mossad also used a letter-bomb in a failed hit on Nazi Alois Brunner, Adolf Eichmann''s right-hand man in the extermination of Jews, the report said.
According to the report, the Mossad has a rich history of targeted assassinations, mainly against Palestinian faction leaders.
In the 1970s, Israeli agents killed a member of Black September, which was responsible for the 1972 Olympics massacre, by detonating his telephone, the report said.
Most recently, a hit squad made up of dozens of men and women traveling on fake passports and wearing disguises that included wigs and tennis outfits were believed to have assassinated Hamas leader Mahmoud al Mabhouh in his Dubai hotel room in 2010, it added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express