ISRO scientist gets 2 yrs in jail
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
A special CBI court here has convicted a senior Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientist based in Ahmedabad in an 18-year-old case in which he and his accomplice were found guilty of criminal conspiracy to repurchase a lens worth Rs 97,500 that had been stolen from ISRO premises.
Both have been sentenced for two years in jail, besides being fined Rs 5,000 each. In 1995, the CBI had booked the scientist, Anang Kumar Trivedi, and a Mumbai-based trader Jitendra Joshi in this case.
According to case details, the lens of a camera was purchased by ISRO in 1989 but it went missing. The same lens was shown as purchased again in 1994 by Trivedi, who apparently got it from Joshi along with a bogus bill. Thus, ISRO paid twice for the same lens. During the investigation, the lens was found with Trivedi.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde