Man held for clicking Finance Minister Chidambaram's photos
- It's a conspiracy, says Sonia Gandhi on charges against Robert Vadra
- LIVE: At least 20 dead in major fire at Pulgaon, Army's biggest ammo depot
- World Culture Festival: NGT rejects AOL's plea to pay compensation by bank guarantee
- What Haryana govt hasn’t made public: Jat quota violence report that indicts top brass for inaction, caste bias
- Days after transfer, IAS officer told to explain ‘anti-Modi’ post on Facebook
A 34-year-old man has been taken into custody for questioning after he was seen taking pictures of Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the airport in Chennai, airport sources said on Wednesday.
They said Amir was seen taking pictures of the minister, who left for New Delhi yesterday, using his camera. Amir had confirmed first-class tickets to Delhi and from there to Dubai.
Initial probe revealed that Amir was one among two persons detained last month by CISF personnel for reportedly giving contradicting replies at the airport.
Earlier, Amir along with Mansoor, hailing from Kerala, were detained after they wanted to get off the Dreamliner aircraft ahead of its flight to Delhi. The duo reportedly gave contradictory replies when CISF sought an explanation for cancelling their journey at the last minute.
An inquiry is underway as to why he opted for a long trip to Dubai when there are direct flights available from Thiruvanathapuram and Kochi respectively to Dubai, they said.
- Why is Rajan's credibility miles ahead of anyone else in government?
- Bandukwala dithers. But for many 2002 survivors, the issue is: No justice, no peace
- Let us examine ourselves: Are we in the spell of hypnosis?
- As other powers engage South Asian nations, Delhi must deal with a changing Subcontinent
- So many cities in Tehran
- Important for young Kashmiris to continue doing what they are doing at the moment