It's official: way to a man's heart is through his stomach
- Telangana fallout: Kiran Kumar Reddy set to resign as Andhra Pradesh CM, meets Seemandhra leaders
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Telangana: Oppn terms blackout as 'tactical', Chiranjeevi threatens to stall Rajya Sabha
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination: Supreme Court spares convicts death, state may remit sentence
- Fascist Right-wing plot, says Tejpal, asks for CCTV footage that âvalidates meâ
A new study has confirmed what many women already knew: men prefer food over sex.
The Australian study asked individuals to rank which everyday experiences give them the most pleasure.
The survey was conducted by Magnum ice-cream and it polled almost 10,000 people across the country.
Males rated taste sensations as their top pleasure trigger, with physical arousal coming in fourth, reports The Courier Mail.
The results were reached through a "pleasure quotient test''''.
The test used a scale to determine the frequency and intensity to which individuals are stimulated by certain triggers.
The scale found men gained more pleasure from food, and life in general, more so than their female counterparts.
Private therapist and UniSA adjunct senior lecturer of psychology Dr David Haynes said: "Women are more into values as a whole and men are into bottom lines and logic - but why that would give one more pleasure from food or from life in general - I can't imagine.
"From a Freudian perspective, it would be viewed as a man's regression to childhood, and the boys are being babies, treated by their mothers/wives."
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence