It's official: way to a man's heart is through his stomach
- Probing Pathankot attack: Fence floodlights that didn’t work, gaps in border patrol
- Venkaiah meets Sonia, seeks Cong cooperation in passage of critical bills
- Opinion: Left is stuck with old issues, writes Prakash Karat
- Chhattisgarh Tapes: Congress expels MLA Amit Jogi for six years
- Sensex tumbles 378 pts, Nifty cracks 7,700 on global rout
A new study has confirmed what many women already knew: men prefer food over sex.
The Australian study asked individuals to rank which everyday experiences give them the most pleasure.
The survey was conducted by Magnum ice-cream and it polled almost 10,000 people across the country.
Males rated taste sensations as their top pleasure trigger, with physical arousal coming in fourth, reports The Courier Mail.
The results were reached through a "pleasure quotient test''''.
The test used a scale to determine the frequency and intensity to which individuals are stimulated by certain triggers.
The scale found men gained more pleasure from food, and life in general, more so than their female counterparts.
Private therapist and UniSA adjunct senior lecturer of psychology Dr David Haynes said: "Women are more into values as a whole and men are into bottom lines and logic - but why that would give one more pleasure from food or from life in general - I can't imagine.
- Left is stuck with old issues. It must strike new conversations with middle classes and youth
- To tackle terror, Saudi Arabia would have to fight the very forces it supports
- In the new year, the state must not look on as the weak are bullied
- A dream called Akhand Bharat
- Underestimating disability
- India, Pakistan must break the pattern of camaraderie cameos