I-T commissioner faints during raid
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
Kolkata: A Chief Income Tax Commissioner fell ill and fainted after a CBI team conducted searches at her south Kolkata residence on Friday, in connection with a case related to income tax document "leak". According to CBI sources, searches have been conducted in Kolkata and Haldia at around 15 offices and residences of senior I-T officers.
B&R CMD seeks order from railways
Kolkata: CMD of Bridge & Roof (B&R), Mukesh Jha has requested MoS for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary for opportunities to the company in Railways. B&R is a central public sector enterprise under the Department of Heavy Industries. Jha said there is a dearth of orders from the Railways and the infrastructure facilities at the Howrah Workshop are highly underutilised.