It is BJP govt in Karna, not a coalition with KJP: Eswarappa
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
"There is a BJP government in the state. It is wrong to say that it is a coalition government with KJP support," state unit BJP President K S Eswarappa said hitting out at Yeddyurappa, who has announced his decision to quit the party and head the regional KJP to be formally launched next month.
Speaking to reporters before a meeting of office-bearers and other party functionaries to be chaired by BJP General Secretary Dharmendra Pradhan here, Eswarappa also asserted that "the BJP government will complete its term".
Pradhan is meeting state unit office bearers, heads of frontal organisations, ministers and MPs during the day-long exercise that is primarily aimed at preventing the leaders from attending Yeddyurappa's party launch rally next month.
Eswarappa hinted at disciplinary action against elected representatives if they participated in the KJP Convention at Haveri on December 9 and its activities.
Those elected on "Lotus" symbol cannot carry on their activities on the symbol of another party, he said and also disapproved the action by Yeddyurappa in floating a new party when he was still in BJP.
"If anyone wants to attend that rally, they can do after dissociating from the BJP," Eswarappa, also a Deputy Chief Minister, said sending a clear message to the rebel group.
He said today's meeting will debate organisational issues and also preparations for next year's Assembly polls.
Yeddyurappa, who has decided to quit the party, is upset over his neglect. He had yesterday warned that if action was taken against his supporters, the government will face threat (to its survival).
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today