It is hard to believe reports of feud between Chadha brothers: Sarna
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
It has been a difficult week for the Sarna brothers, Paramjit and Harvinder, who found themselves at the centre of two ballooning controversies. First a clash between rival factions during a meeting of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) on November 16 and the death of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep — both related to the Sarnas — in a shootout the next day.
Paramjit, the elder brother, is the president of DSGMC and Harvinder is a member of DSGMC executive committee and Hardeep Chadha's father-in-law. "It has been a difficult time for us, but all we are worried about now is keeping the family together and mourning the loss of Ponty and Hardeep," Paramjit said on Monday.
Last week, a meeting of the DSGMC turned ugly after two factions — one led by Sarna and another by Manjit Singh from the Shiromani Akali Dal Badal (Delhi) — clashed at Gurdwara Rakabganj. At least eight people were injured.
Even as police sources said the shootout between the Chadha brothers was a result of a personal feud, Harvinder said it was hard to believe. "The brothers were cremated together and for the past two days their wives have stayed together supporting each other. How could there have been a feud between them?" he asked.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'