Indicted by SC panel, Justice Ganguly reacts: Not true, can't happen
- LIVE: Election Commission announces Lok Sabha election dates
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
In his first reaction to the reports about the Supreme Court appointed panel's disclosure on Thursday that there is prima facie evidence of Justice Ashok Ganguly's 'non verbal unwelcome sexual behaviour" , the retired Supreme Court judge said, "It is not true. It cannot happen. I will not say anything on this until I receive the written copy of the findings."
Earlier today, when Justice Ganguly was asked about reports that he had sent text messages to the complainant that related to the alleged harassment charges, Justice Ganguly told this correspondent over phone; " I do not remember about any such text messages."
Today justice Ganguly went on two days official leave, stoking speculations about his moves in the face of the sexual harassment charges. Therefore, justice Ganguly will virtually be out of office for four days. Though, he was accessible on phone at times, he refused to meet any media persons till late this evening.
There is mounting pressure now on justice Ganguly for stepping down from his post as chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights commission which he took over in the beginning of 2012.
Wednesday only, the ruling TMC demanded Justice Ganguly's resignation to maintain the sanctity of such an high office of the WBHRC chairman. And today comes, the special panel's indictment of justice Ganguly.