I-T men raid Gautam Singhania's offices
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Income Tax Department today conducted raids at the premises of prominent industrialist Gautam Singhania here and in Delhi over alleged tax evasion.
The operation began early in the morning and was initiated by the Intelligence Wing of the department.
A team of about 150 sleuths began searching the official premises of the business tycoon, who is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Raymond Group.
It was not immediately known if the residential premises of the industrialist were also being searched by the sleuths.
"Some premises of the group will also be covered in the searches in Delhi," an official said.
Company INFO More on Raymond
Stocks More on Raymond