I-T men raid Gautam Singhania's offices
- This is how India trashed Pakistan's claims at UNGA
- View in Govt, party: Need to address anger on Uri attack, walk tough talk
- AAP MLA Somnath Bharti arrested by Delhi Police for assaulting AIIMS security guards
- Islamabad envoy Abdul Basit summoned, told Uri attackers came from Pakistan
- After Panama Papers, Bahamas: More Indians in secret tax haven list
The Income Tax Department today conducted raids at the premises of prominent industrialist Gautam Singhania here and in Delhi over alleged tax evasion.
The operation began early in the morning and was initiated by the Intelligence Wing of the department.
A team of about 150 sleuths began searching the official premises of the business tycoon, who is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Raymond Group.
It was not immediately known if the residential premises of the industrialist were also being searched by the sleuths.
"Some premises of the group will also be covered in the searches in Delhi," an official said.
Company INFO More on Raymond
Stocks More on Raymond
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth