I-T men raid Gautam Singhania's offices
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
The Income Tax Department today conducted raids at the premises of prominent industrialist Gautam Singhania here and in Delhi over alleged tax evasion.
The operation began early in the morning and was initiated by the Intelligence Wing of the department.
A team of about 150 sleuths began searching the official premises of the business tycoon, who is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Raymond Group.
It was not immediately known if the residential premises of the industrialist were also being searched by the sleuths.
"Some premises of the group will also be covered in the searches in Delhi," an official said.
Company INFO More on Raymond
Stocks More on Raymond
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities