I-T men raid Gautam Singhania's offices
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Income Tax Department today conducted raids at the premises of prominent industrialist Gautam Singhania here and in Delhi over alleged tax evasion.
The operation began early in the morning and was initiated by the Intelligence Wing of the department.
A team of about 150 sleuths began searching the official premises of the business tycoon, who is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Raymond Group.
It was not immediately known if the residential premises of the industrialist were also being searched by the sleuths.
"Some premises of the group will also be covered in the searches in Delhi," an official said.
Company INFO More on Raymond
Stocks More on Raymond