I-T men raid Gautam Singhania's offices
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The Income Tax Department today conducted raids at the premises of prominent industrialist Gautam Singhania here and in Delhi over alleged tax evasion.
The operation began early in the morning and was initiated by the Intelligence Wing of the department.
A team of about 150 sleuths began searching the official premises of the business tycoon, who is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Raymond Group.
It was not immediately known if the residential premises of the industrialist were also being searched by the sleuths.
"Some premises of the group will also be covered in the searches in Delhi," an official said.
Company INFO More on Raymond
Stocks More on Raymond