I-T official goes to HC against FM's decision to allow his prosecution
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
On May 28, 2012, the Department of Personnel and Training, however, expressed a view that the sufficiency of evidence can be tested in court and the sanction for prosecution may be granted, Batra has stated. To his "utter shock and surprise," Batra has contended, "the new incumbent on the chair of the competent authority has now taken a volte face and issued an order of October 9, 2012 sanctioning prosecution..."
The court will continue to hear the case on Thursday.