I-T official goes to HC against FM's decision to allow his prosecution
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
On May 28, 2012, the Department of Personnel and Training, however, expressed a view that the sufficiency of evidence can be tested in court and the sanction for prosecution may be granted, Batra has stated. To his "utter shock and surprise," Batra has contended, "the new incumbent on the chair of the competent authority has now taken a volte face and issued an order of October 9, 2012 sanctioning prosecution..."
The court will continue to hear the case on Thursday.