I-T official goes to HC against FM's decision to allow his prosecution
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
On May 28, 2012, the Department of Personnel and Training, however, expressed a view that the sufficiency of evidence can be tested in court and the sanction for prosecution may be granted, Batra has stated. To his "utter shock and surprise," Batra has contended, "the new incumbent on the chair of the competent authority has now taken a volte face and issued an order of October 9, 2012 sanctioning prosecution..."