IT raid at FITJEE premises
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
Income Tax sleuths conducted raids at a franchisee of coaching institute FITJEE and its office in Platinum Plaza in Bhopal.
The raids were carried out yesterday at Mayur School (franchisee) premises in Ratibad area, in connection with FITJEE's expansion plan under which it was intending to open four global schools in prominent cities across the country, official sources said on Tuesday.
A team from the investigation wing of the IT department including 25 officers seized bank accounts and e-records of FITJEE and Mayur School during the raid.
Simultaneous raids were also conducted at its franchisees in New Delhi, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, Kota, Ahmedabad, Patna, Gurgaon and Noida, sources added.
When contacted, FITJEE refused to comment on the raid.