IT raid at FITJEE premises
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Income Tax sleuths conducted raids at a franchisee of coaching institute FITJEE and its office in Platinum Plaza in Bhopal.
The raids were carried out yesterday at Mayur School (franchisee) premises in Ratibad area, in connection with FITJEE's expansion plan under which it was intending to open four global schools in prominent cities across the country, official sources said on Tuesday.
A team from the investigation wing of the IT department including 25 officers seized bank accounts and e-records of FITJEE and Mayur School during the raid.
Simultaneous raids were also conducted at its franchisees in New Delhi, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, Kota, Ahmedabad, Patna, Gurgaon and Noida, sources added.
When contacted, FITJEE refused to comment on the raid.