IT raid at FITJEE premises
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Income Tax sleuths conducted raids at a franchisee of coaching institute FITJEE and its office in Platinum Plaza in Bhopal.
The raids were carried out yesterday at Mayur School (franchisee) premises in Ratibad area, in connection with FITJEE's expansion plan under which it was intending to open four global schools in prominent cities across the country, official sources said on Tuesday.
A team from the investigation wing of the IT department including 25 officers seized bank accounts and e-records of FITJEE and Mayur School during the raid.
Simultaneous raids were also conducted at its franchisees in New Delhi, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, Kota, Ahmedabad, Patna, Gurgaon and Noida, sources added.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness