IT raid at FITJEE premises
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Income Tax sleuths conducted raids at a franchisee of coaching institute FITJEE and its office in Platinum Plaza in Bhopal.
The raids were carried out yesterday at Mayur School (franchisee) premises in Ratibad area, in connection with FITJEE's expansion plan under which it was intending to open four global schools in prominent cities across the country, official sources said on Tuesday.
A team from the investigation wing of the IT department including 25 officers seized bank accounts and e-records of FITJEE and Mayur School during the raid.
Simultaneous raids were also conducted at its franchisees in New Delhi, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, Kota, Ahmedabad, Patna, Gurgaon and Noida, sources added.
When contacted, FITJEE refused to comment on the raid.