IT raid at FITJEE premises
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Elections 2014 Live: FIR filed against Hema Malini, Pawar campaigns for daughter Supriya
Income Tax sleuths conducted raids at a franchisee of coaching institute FITJEE and its office in Platinum Plaza in Bhopal.
The raids were carried out yesterday at Mayur School (franchisee) premises in Ratibad area, in connection with FITJEE's expansion plan under which it was intending to open four global schools in prominent cities across the country, official sources said on Tuesday.
A team from the investigation wing of the IT department including 25 officers seized bank accounts and e-records of FITJEE and Mayur School during the raid.
Simultaneous raids were also conducted at its franchisees in New Delhi, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, Kota, Ahmedabad, Patna, Gurgaon and Noida, sources added.
When contacted, FITJEE refused to comment on the raid.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit