IT raids at director Ram Gopal Varma's office
- Army fight off terrorist attack on camp in Samba, operation still on
- Kasab never asked for mutton biryani, I cooked it up: Ujjwal Nikam
- He ‘harassed’ me, IAS officer Ravi’s batchmate told cops hours after his death
- Explained: Overshoot to kill
- Renuka Choudhary booked for allegedly demanding Rs 1.10 crore from Congress aspirant
It seems like filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has yet again found himself in a spot, this time though it with the tax officials.
Apparently, the filmmaker came under scrutiny after service tax department noticed that Ram Gopal Varma's name does not feature on a list of 132 celebrities who have been issued notices over the past year for suspected tax evasion.
Apart from this, the officials state that there are no records of RGV's production houses, Dream Force Productions and Dream Force Enterprises, with the department which he claims were registered in Hyderabad.
Adding to this was the fact that during the raid, the officials discovered that there is no record of his production houses being registered anywhere.
Commenting on the penalty that the filmmaker will eventually be facing, officials from the tax department state that they will scrutinize each of the director's projects and determine the amount of service and professional tax he has evaded.