Itís official: Rahul Gandhi will campaign in Gujarat
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Cong gen secy, Sonia, Manmohan in party list of 40 star campaigners for first phase
After all the debate over whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will step into Gujarat or not ahead of the Assembly elections, the party on Wednesday confirmed him as one of the 40 star campaigners for the first phase of the polls to take place on December 13.
The list of star campaigners released by the Congress also includes names of party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Minister of State for Finance Namo Narayan Meena.
The others in the list are cricketer-turned-politician Mohammad Azharuddin, actor Sanjay Dutt, political secretary to Sonia Gandhi Ahmed Patel, union ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde, Salman Khurshid and Ghulam Nabi Azad, C P Joshi, Raj Babbar, Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Scindia.
Among the Congress CMs coming to campaign are Sheila Dikshit (Delhi), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Prithviraj Chavan (Maharashtra) and Bhupinder Singh Hooda (Haryana).
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress