Itís official: Rahul Gandhi will campaign in Gujarat
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
Cong gen secy, Sonia, Manmohan in party list of 40 star campaigners for first phase
After all the debate over whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will step into Gujarat or not ahead of the Assembly elections, the party on Wednesday confirmed him as one of the 40 star campaigners for the first phase of the polls to take place on December 13.
The list of star campaigners released by the Congress also includes names of party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Minister of State for Finance Namo Narayan Meena.
The others in the list are cricketer-turned-politician Mohammad Azharuddin, actor Sanjay Dutt, political secretary to Sonia Gandhi Ahmed Patel, union ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde, Salman Khurshid and Ghulam Nabi Azad, C P Joshi, Raj Babbar, Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Scindia.
Among the Congress CMs coming to campaign are Sheila Dikshit (Delhi), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Prithviraj Chavan (Maharashtra) and Bhupinder Singh Hooda (Haryana).
Star campaigners from Gujarat are Arjun Modhwadia, Shaktisinh Gohil, Shankersinh Vaghela, Dinsha Patel, Bharatsinh Solanki, Tushar Coudhary, Madhusudan Mistry, Vitthal Radadia, Jagdish Thakor, Irshad Mirza, Siddharth Patel and Kadir Pirzada.