Itís official: Rahul Gandhi will campaign in Gujarat
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Cong gen secy, Sonia, Manmohan in party list of 40 star campaigners for first phase
After all the debate over whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will step into Gujarat or not ahead of the Assembly elections, the party on Wednesday confirmed him as one of the 40 star campaigners for the first phase of the polls to take place on December 13.
The list of star campaigners released by the Congress also includes names of party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Minister of State for Finance Namo Narayan Meena.
The others in the list are cricketer-turned-politician Mohammad Azharuddin, actor Sanjay Dutt, political secretary to Sonia Gandhi Ahmed Patel, union ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde, Salman Khurshid and Ghulam Nabi Azad, C P Joshi, Raj Babbar, Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Scindia.
Among the Congress CMs coming to campaign are Sheila Dikshit (Delhi), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Prithviraj Chavan (Maharashtra) and Bhupinder Singh Hooda (Haryana).
Star campaigners from Gujarat are Arjun Modhwadia, Shaktisinh Gohil, Shankersinh Vaghela, Dinsha Patel, Bharatsinh Solanki, Tushar Coudhary, Madhusudan Mistry, Vitthal Radadia, Jagdish Thakor, Irshad Mirza, Siddharth Patel and Kadir Pirzada.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18