India vs Pak ODI: Itís over well before itís over
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Mohan Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The unbeaten 125 off 100 balls he put on with Ashwin is third highest for the seventh wicket in ODIs. Ashwin's contribution was 35. Dhoni finished on an unbeaten 113, India on 227/6, a total that was unthinkable even until a few deliveries before the innings ended.
It seemed the knock had somehow altered the direction in which the match headed, so much so that India would even have fancied the win a few overs into the chase. Bhuvneshwar Kumar curved one into the stumps of Mohammad Hafeez with the first ball of the innings and had Azhar Ali pull into the hands of mid-wicket.
At 10.2 overs, Pakistan were 21/2. After 30.2 overs, at the end of a passage during which Dhoni made his 'fifth bowler' send down nine overs, Younis Khan and Jamshed had moved the score to 133/2, more than doubling the run rate. The former departed a ball later, but the damage was already done, much earlier.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress