I-T summons PricewaterhouseCoopers in Nokia case
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Multi-national audit firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PW and Co), auditors for Nokia India, has been summoned by the Income Tax department to appear before it in connection with the alleged tax default by the Finnish handset maker's plant here.
"In the matter of the Nokia case, IT Department has called us as they are seeking our inputs on this. We will extend full cooperation to them on this matter," PricewaterhouseCoopers said in a statement today.
I-T department had on January 8 conducted a survey operation at Nokia's Sriperumpudur factory and said it had found prima facie defaults in TDS deductions on royalty payments made by the plan to its parent company.
Nokia India had already said it was fully cooperating with the IT department to ensure officials get the necessary information.