It takes two to tango
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Nach Baliye 5
Star Plus, Saturdays-Sundays, 9 pm
Celebrity Judges : Shilpa Shetty, Sajid Khan and Terence Lewis
High on sizzling chemistry and establishing the togetherness quotient, the new season of celebrity dance show, Nach Baliye has an eclectic mix of participants
Nach Baliye, which returns after four years, has 11 celebrity couples participating in it. The jodis are a neat mix of much-married, just-married, dating seriously and we-are-in-together-only-for-the-trophy. Yummy mummy Shilpa Shetty, director Sajid Khan with contemporary dance master Terence Lewis feature as the celebrity judges of the show.
The first four episodes have been fairly entertaining with the hosts —Gautam Rode and Karan Wahi — trying their irritating best to be funny. Apart from putting all their might, sweat and blood into the gruelling rehearsals, the couples also share their bitter-sweet stories of 'marriage and togetherness'. There is the much-married Smita Bansal, (better known as 'Anandi's saas' in Balika Vadhu) who shocked Shetty with her decision to dance barely four months after giving birth to her second child, Mrs and Mr Rahul Mahajan who married on a TV show, had a fair share of controversy and are now trying their luck at the dance floor, B-grade actress Deepshika and her second husband, model Kaishav, Kaanta laga girl Shefali with her boyfriend, Parag and last but not the least, a TV 'saas' and her husband are some of the couples doing the 'nach'.
So far, none of the couples have made us sit up and go 'wow'. Those who have the potential though, are TV soap actress Suhasi Dhami and her shy, likeable husband Jaysheel, Mahi Vij and Jay Bhanushali and Shefali-Parag (who's already done a shirtless number and had Shetty panting for more!). As far as chemistry and 'awww, cho-chweet' stories go, almost every couple is trying hard to beat the other with their 'togetherness' quotient. Some stories are cute and relatable; Deepshikha, Smita, Dimpy Mahajan and Nisha Rawal, while others are best ignored. For instance, there is Ravi Dubey, who apparently has to tell a story every night to girlfriend Sargun Mehta to put her to sleep! Then there is Kushal Tandon's Bulgarian girlfriend, Elena, who we are not sure is in Mumbai for love's sake or to land some plum Bollywood item numbers?
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment