It takes two to tango
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Nach Baliye 5
Star Plus, Saturdays-Sundays, 9 pm
Celebrity Judges : Shilpa Shetty, Sajid Khan and Terence Lewis
High on sizzling chemistry and establishing the togetherness quotient, the new season of celebrity dance show, Nach Baliye has an eclectic mix of participants
Nach Baliye, which returns after four years, has 11 celebrity couples participating in it. The jodis are a neat mix of much-married, just-married, dating seriously and we-are-in-together-only-for-the-trophy. Yummy mummy Shilpa Shetty, director Sajid Khan with contemporary dance master Terence Lewis feature as the celebrity judges of the show.
The first four episodes have been fairly entertaining with the hosts —Gautam Rode and Karan Wahi — trying their irritating best to be funny. Apart from putting all their might, sweat and blood into the gruelling rehearsals, the couples also share their bitter-sweet stories of 'marriage and togetherness'. There is the much-married Smita Bansal, (better known as 'Anandi's saas' in Balika Vadhu) who shocked Shetty with her decision to dance barely four months after giving birth to her second child, Mrs and Mr Rahul Mahajan who married on a TV show, had a fair share of controversy and are now trying their luck at the dance floor, B-grade actress Deepshika and her second husband, model Kaishav, Kaanta laga girl Shefali with her boyfriend, Parag and last but not the least, a TV 'saas' and her husband are some of the couples doing the 'nach'.
So far, none of the couples have made us sit up and go 'wow'. Those who have the potential though, are TV soap actress Suhasi Dhami and her shy, likeable husband Jaysheel, Mahi Vij and Jay Bhanushali and Shefali-Parag (who's already done a shirtless number and had Shetty panting for more!). As far as chemistry and 'awww, cho-chweet' stories go, almost every couple is trying hard to beat the other with their 'togetherness' quotient. Some stories are cute and relatable; Deepshikha, Smita, Dimpy Mahajan and Nisha Rawal, while others are best ignored. For instance, there is Ravi Dubey, who apparently has to tell a story every night to girlfriend Sargun Mehta to put her to sleep! Then there is Kushal Tandon's Bulgarian girlfriend, Elena, who we are not sure is in Mumbai for love's sake or to land some plum Bollywood item numbers?
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress