It was a great team effort: Tendulkar
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After playing the role of a sheet-anchor in India's 2-0 whitewash of Australia, Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday said the fabulous Test series win was the result of a great team effort.
India beat Australia in the Mohali Test by one wicket and registered a comprehensive seven-wicket win on Wednesday to complete their first ever series whitewash of Australia.
Tendulkar was adjudged both Man-of-the-Match and Man-of-the-Series for scoring 403 runs, highest in the series.
"It was a fantastic series. I would like to congratulate the whole team. (VVS) Laxman helped us win the first Test at Mohali with Ishant Sharma. And in this match, Murali Vijay, Pragyan Ojha, Harbhajan and S Sreesanth put up great efforts.
It was a great team effort," Tendulkar said after India's win.
Asked if his side had doubts chasing 207 for a win on the last day, Tendulkar said youngsters played well under trying situations and singled out Pujara for special praise.
"It was going to be difficult. Chasing a 200-plus on a track where the ball is going up and down, it was tough.
Cheteshwar Pujara showed a lot of character. His partnership with Murali Vijay was crucial. The team was determined," he said.
Pujara made a fluent 72 on debut and shared two crucial partnerships with Vijay and Tendulkar in India's comfortable win.
Tendulkar is in red-hot form these days as runs continue to flow from his bat, but he was not interested in speaking much about that and prefers that his bat does all the talking.
"I don't like to count, I am just happy to score. Let others count. There are still some niggle but you forget once you cross the rope. Generally working hard. The trainers are keeping me fit," he said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express