Italy seeks quashing of marines’ trial
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
The Italian government has moved the Supreme Court seeking quashing of the criminal proceedings against two Italian marines charged with the murder of two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast in February.
The plea challenged the May 29 order of the Kerala High Court, which held the marines liable to be tried under the jurisdiction of the Indian courts. It seeks a stay on all further criminal proceedings in the case pending before a court in Kollam district in Kerala, contending the local police there have no authority to probe and courts in India have no jurisdiction as the incident occurred outside the Indian territorial waters.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food