Item girl tag derogatory and silly: Malaika Arora Khan
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actress Malaika Arora Khan, whose popular dance numbers like 'Chaiyya Chaiyya', 'Munni Badnam Hui' have raised the bar for her contemporaries to match her style, finds the item girl tag "derogatory and silly".
"I don't like the term 'item girl'... Why not look at it (item song) as a special song?...A song that is creating a hype and entertainment. I find it derogatory and silly," Malaika told PTI in an interview.
Unlike in the past, currently mainstream actresses like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif and others are also doing special songs in different films.
When asked if the leading ladies are intruding the space, Malaika said she did not think so.
"There is enough work for everyone. Everybody has a role or part to play, if somebody fits the bill that is what matters," she added.
Malaika, whose song 'Munni Badnam Hui' in Bollywood film 'Dabangg' (2010) was a hit, says nothing interesting has come up in terms of special dance numbers.
The actress is back to judge yet another season of television series of reality show, 'India's Got Talent'.
"Last time, I was there for half the season. This time I am getting the feel of everything as I am there from beginning. Previously, I was there from elimination part and it was tough. This time it is insane amount of work. In a day we have 20-25 acts minimum," Malaika said.
On the talent pool at 'India's Got Talent', she said some of the acts pulled off by contestants in the current fifth season are breathtaking.
"Some of the acts this season are hysterical, beyond anyone's comprehension. The acts are breathtaking, mind blowing, death defying and amazing. I don't think there is any show which provides you a platform to showcase varied kind of talent from all over the country," she said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express