Item number, retro style
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
It is hard to forget the golden shimmer of the dress that Parveen Babi wore in this song, with Amitabh Bachchan and Shashi Kapoor watching on. The dance was minimalistic in comparison to the cabaret songs shot in the 1960s, but Babi's eyes exuded all the passion of a cabaret dancer.
Duniya mein logon ko, Apna Desh
At a time when her contemporaries, such as Asha Parekh and Waheeda Rehman, were choosing to portray themselves as chastity queens, Mumtaz emerged as an actresses who could challenge designated vamps like Helen, Bindu and so on on the dance floor. She did several cabaret numbers, without shying away from the costumes or the dance moves. This song from Apna Desh opposite Rajesh Khanna, however, is the most popular as much for the dance as for the actors' eclectic looks.