It's a challenge to direct newcomers: Prabhu Deva
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Speaking about his upcoming film titled Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya that stars newcomer Girish Taurani and Shruti Hassan in the lead, the choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Deva says it's a challenge to direct newcomers.
The director who has worked with superstars like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar in his films in the past, feels it is a challenge to work with newcomers because they are fresh and new and have to be trained in every department.
In 2009 Prabhu Deva made his directorial debut in Bollywood with Wanted. The Salman Khan-starrer was a huge hit and then in 2010 he made another superhit Rowdy Rathore with Akshay Kumar. Both of them were action films.
Now, his third directorial venture in Bollywood is a musical love story with Girish, son of producer Kumar Taurani of Tips. Shruti Hassan however has enjoyed a small stint bollywood having shgared screen space with bollywood biggies like Sanjay Dutt and Imran Khan in Luck
"It is a challenge to work with a newcomer. And I am doing this film from my heart and because I liked the subject. It was a good experience," Prabhu Deva said.
"It is a love story, feel good subject. It is a romantic-comedy-musical film," he said.
On why is the film titled Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya, Prabhu says, "Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya means - Ram will you come – and it is also a famous song. My hero's name is Ram, so it is a perfect title."
Produced by Tips, the film is scheduled to release in June.