It's a challenge to direct newcomers: Prabhu Deva
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Speaking about his upcoming film titled Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya that stars newcomer Girish Taurani and Shruti Hassan in the lead, the choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Deva says it's a challenge to direct newcomers.
The director who has worked with superstars like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar in his films in the past, feels it is a challenge to work with newcomers because they are fresh and new and have to be trained in every department.
In 2009 Prabhu Deva made his directorial debut in Bollywood with Wanted. The Salman Khan-starrer was a huge hit and then in 2010 he made another superhit Rowdy Rathore with Akshay Kumar. Both of them were action films.
Now, his third directorial venture in Bollywood is a musical love story with Girish, son of producer Kumar Taurani of Tips. Shruti Hassan however has enjoyed a small stint bollywood having shgared screen space with bollywood biggies like Sanjay Dutt and Imran Khan in Luck
"It is a challenge to work with a newcomer. And I am doing this film from my heart and because I liked the subject. It was a good experience," Prabhu Deva said.
"It is a love story, feel good subject. It is a romantic-comedy-musical film," he said.
On why is the film titled Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya, Prabhu says, "Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya means - Ram will you come – and it is also a famous song. My hero's name is Ram, so it is a perfect title."
Produced by Tips, the film is scheduled to release in June.