It's Bal Thackeray vs the Karkares over Ajmal Kasab
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
In a veiled criticism of slain ATS chief Hemant Karkare's wife and daughter, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has said that the country does not share their stance that the lone 26/11 terrorist in Mumbai police custody should be let off on "humanitarian grounds".
"The Karkare family may have a different opinion. But that is not the opinion of family members of the other policemen killed in the terror attacks," Thackeray said in an editorial comment in Sena mouthpiece 'Saamana'.
"The daughter of Tukaram Ombale, who fell to Mohammed Ajmal Amir Iman's bullets but ensured that the terrorist was captured alive, has said that the souls of the 16 policemen killed in the terror attacks will get peace only if he is hanged," Thackeray said.
Referring to the slew of media interviews of Kavita Karkare, the slain ATS chief's wife, Thackeray said she has quoted her daughter who is studying in London and who feels that Ajmal should be given another chance to live and realise what a grave crime he has committed.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first