It's fun taking risks in career: Kareena Kapoor
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
From her debut with the 2000 film 'Refugee' to her latest release 'Talaash', Kareena Kapoor has come a long way in her decade-long career. The actress says she picks different kinds of roles as she prefers taking risks when it comes to choosing films.
Be it a 'masala' film like 'Bodyguard' or a women-centric movie like 'Heroine', Kareena has it all in her kitty. The 32-year-old Bollywood A-lister says it is her duty as an actress to dole out a variety of films for her fans.
"It is the duty of an actor to try and pick up different roles, be a little brave about the whole thing. Sometimes films will work and sometimes they won't. It's fun taking risks. I just can't just keep looking pretty and doing a song-and-dance film," Kareena said.
The actress said people had asked her not to play Riana Briganza in Shakun Batra's 'Ekk Main Aur Ekk Tu' earlier this year, as the film was slightly unconventional.
"When I was doing 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', everyone said it is slightly non-commercial, since the boy doesn't get the girl in the end. I only did the film because people were saying that. I told Shakun that if you change the end of this movie, I'm not doing it. That was me. I wanted to do Riana Briganza and wanted my year to end with something totally bizarre like 'Talaash'. I'm happy with both," said Kareena.
This year has been quite colourful for Kareena. While in Aamir Khan starrer 'Talaash' she played the spirit of a prostitute, Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Heroine' had her star as a Bollywood actress. Kareena also turned out as an ISI agent in 'Agent Vinod' and will be next seen in a item number in 'Dabangg 2'.
"I always try to balance the mass-oriented films with the other kinds. My fans love to see me in commercial stuff as well, for that there is the item song 'Fevicol se' that I have done for 'Dabangg 2'.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18