It's fun taking risks in career: Kareena Kapoor
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
From her debut with the 2000 film 'Refugee' to her latest release 'Talaash', Kareena Kapoor has come a long way in her decade-long career. The actress says she picks different kinds of roles as she prefers taking risks when it comes to choosing films.
Be it a 'masala' film like 'Bodyguard' or a women-centric movie like 'Heroine', Kareena has it all in her kitty. The 32-year-old Bollywood A-lister says it is her duty as an actress to dole out a variety of films for her fans.
"It is the duty of an actor to try and pick up different roles, be a little brave about the whole thing. Sometimes films will work and sometimes they won't. It's fun taking risks. I just can't just keep looking pretty and doing a song-and-dance film," Kareena said.
The actress said people had asked her not to play Riana Briganza in Shakun Batra's 'Ekk Main Aur Ekk Tu' earlier this year, as the film was slightly unconventional.
"When I was doing 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', everyone said it is slightly non-commercial, since the boy doesn't get the girl in the end. I only did the film because people were saying that. I told Shakun that if you change the end of this movie, I'm not doing it. That was me. I wanted to do Riana Briganza and wanted my year to end with something totally bizarre like 'Talaash'. I'm happy with both," said Kareena.
This year has been quite colourful for Kareena. While in Aamir Khan starrer 'Talaash' she played the spirit of a prostitute, Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Heroine' had her star as a Bollywood actress. Kareena also turned out as an ISI agent in 'Agent Vinod' and will be next seen in a item number in 'Dabangg 2'.
"I always try to balance the mass-oriented films with the other kinds. My fans love to see me in commercial stuff as well, for that there is the item song 'Fevicol se' that I have done for 'Dabangg 2'.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun