Itís hard to survive in NBA: Howard
- LIVE: Western Railway resumes services, but Mumbai braces for more rain tomorrow
- Lalit Modi Row: BJP rejects demand for resignation of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Hooch liquor tragedy: Death toll rises to 41; eight policemen suspended
- J&K govt prevents Sopore Chalo march, top separatists detained
- Petition against Tendulkar's Bharat Ratna admitted by Madhya Pradesh HC
Basketball's most glamorous moments are in scoring points in offence, how does it feel to be the youngest player to win the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award?
Scoring doesn't win matches, championships ó blocks, defence do. Coaches, players who play and understand basketball know the importance of defence. It's a lot easier to score and I'm glad I defend for my team.
You're nicknamed Superman after you won the Slam Dunk but who is your favourite Super Hero?
Batman ó the dark, mean guy but he had another side to him. Rich billionaire, pretty ladies behind him, all the bad guys afraid of him, cool gadgets ó even I wanted to have a Batmobile. And then I liked Superman, who could fly and stop bullets with his hand.
NBA now has Koreans, Chinese, Latin Americans. When is it possible to see an Indian there?
I've no idea when it can happen, it takes years to get there. Only 300 guys are part of NBA out of millions who play basketball. The average play life is four years or even lesser ó its hard to get in or to survive. Lots of players who have played longer than I did, have never made it to the play-offs. It just depends on how hard the youngsters here are willing to work.
You've arrived here after a China tour, what are the differences in the game and otherwise?
The game style was pretty much the same in China as I saw it here but the Chinese have put in a lot of years to be able to make it.