I've felt more objectified in film, than beauty industry: Lara Dutta
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi files nomination, says he didn't get personal with Narendra Modi
I've felt more objectified in the film industry than in the beauty industry said Lara Dutta at an event in Mumbai.
Speaking publicly after over a year, and discussing the topic of 'beauty' Dutta said this is probably because majority of scriptwriters in the industry are male.
"Motherhood kills all vanity - when you're on a flight and you're smelling of baby throw up, celebrity wife or not, you have to change that diaper," the former Miss World said.
She conceded that she'd rather be born beautiful than smart.
Dutta is keen to explore life beyond what she's been doing as a new mom. "I am not the the kind of woman who can stay at home and just be known as Saira's mom or Mahesh Bhupathi's wife," she said.
Aside from looking to produce more films that are content heavy, Dutta says she's determined to climb Mount Kilamanjaro, along with her daughter very soon.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit