I've felt more objectified in film, than beauty industry: Lara Dutta
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
I've felt more objectified in the film industry than in the beauty industry said Lara Dutta at an event in Mumbai.
Speaking publicly after over a year, and discussing the topic of 'beauty' Dutta said this is probably because majority of scriptwriters in the industry are male.
"Motherhood kills all vanity - when you're on a flight and you're smelling of baby throw up, celebrity wife or not, you have to change that diaper," the former Miss World said.
She conceded that she'd rather be born beautiful than smart.
Dutta is keen to explore life beyond what she's been doing as a new mom. "I am not the the kind of woman who can stay at home and just be known as Saira's mom or Mahesh Bhupathi's wife," she said.
Aside from looking to produce more films that are content heavy, Dutta says she's determined to climb Mount Kilamanjaro, along with her daughter very soon.