I've felt more objectified in film, than beauty industry: Lara Dutta
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
I've felt more objectified in the film industry than in the beauty industry said Lara Dutta at an event in Mumbai.
Speaking publicly after over a year, and discussing the topic of 'beauty' Dutta said this is probably because majority of scriptwriters in the industry are male.
"Motherhood kills all vanity - when you're on a flight and you're smelling of baby throw up, celebrity wife or not, you have to change that diaper," the former Miss World said.
She conceded that she'd rather be born beautiful than smart.
Dutta is keen to explore life beyond what she's been doing as a new mom. "I am not the the kind of woman who can stay at home and just be known as Saira's mom or Mahesh Bhupathi's wife," she said.
Aside from looking to produce more films that are content heavy, Dutta says she's determined to climb Mount Kilamanjaro, along with her daughter very soon.