I've felt more objectified in film, than beauty industry: Lara Dutta
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
I've felt more objectified in the film industry than in the beauty industry said Lara Dutta at an event in Mumbai.
Speaking publicly after over a year, and discussing the topic of 'beauty' Dutta said this is probably because majority of scriptwriters in the industry are male.
"Motherhood kills all vanity - when you're on a flight and you're smelling of baby throw up, celebrity wife or not, you have to change that diaper," the former Miss World said.
She conceded that she'd rather be born beautiful than smart.
Dutta is keen to explore life beyond what she's been doing as a new mom. "I am not the the kind of woman who can stay at home and just be known as Saira's mom or Mahesh Bhupathi's wife," she said.
Aside from looking to produce more films that are content heavy, Dutta says she's determined to climb Mount Kilamanjaro, along with her daughter very soon.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?