I've felt more objectified in film, than beauty industry: Lara Dutta
- Modi in UAE: PM visits Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque; to discuss terror, trade with top leaders
- UAE takes a 'landmark' decision, allots land for buliding first temple in Abu Dhabi
- Indonesian plane carrying 54 people found crashed in Papua: Official
- Ceasefire violations: India summons Pakistan envoy, lodges protest
- Pakistan's Punjab Home Minister assassinated in suicide attack
I've felt more objectified in the film industry than in the beauty industry said Lara Dutta at an event in Mumbai.
Speaking publicly after over a year, and discussing the topic of 'beauty' Dutta said this is probably because majority of scriptwriters in the industry are male.
"Motherhood kills all vanity - when you're on a flight and you're smelling of baby throw up, celebrity wife or not, you have to change that diaper," the former Miss World said.
She conceded that she'd rather be born beautiful than smart.
Dutta is keen to explore life beyond what she's been doing as a new mom. "I am not the the kind of woman who can stay at home and just be known as Saira's mom or Mahesh Bhupathi's wife," she said.
Aside from looking to produce more films that are content heavy, Dutta says she's determined to climb Mount Kilamanjaro, along with her daughter very soon.