J&K bags best 'All Seasons Destination' award for Gulmarg
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
The state of Jammu and Kashmir has been awarded the best 'All Seasons Destination' of the world for its famous Gulmarg tourist resort by Pacific Asia Travel Writers Association (PATWA) at Berlin Tourism fair.
"Gulmarg tourist resort was awarded as the best 'All Seasons Destination' of the world by PATWA at ITB Berlin- the world's leading travel trade show," state Tourism Minister G A Mir told reporters here.
The award was presented by the Executive Director WTO and Secretary General PATWA at ICC building, Messe Berlin to Mir and minister of state for Tourism Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo.
Mir and Kitchloo led team of state Tourism participated in the four-day fair, which kicked off from March 6. In the fair, 10,086 exhibitors from 188 countries presented their products and services in display halls that were fully booked up.
"The visit has been very positive. We have to work hard to make our destination as the safest destination for foreign market," Mir said.