J&K bags best 'All Seasons Destination' award for Gulmarg
- 3.5 lakh well-off people have given up subsidised LPGs: PM Narendra Modi
- Meghalaya CM compares Rahul Gandhi to Alfred the Great, king who returned to conquer
- Naxals kill 7 of elite force in Sukma
- Across the Aisle: Land acquisition - Nine steps to nirvana
- India's Sons: What does it mean to be a man in India?
The state of Jammu and Kashmir has been awarded the best 'All Seasons Destination' of the world for its famous Gulmarg tourist resort by Pacific Asia Travel Writers Association (PATWA) at Berlin Tourism fair.
"Gulmarg tourist resort was awarded as the best 'All Seasons Destination' of the world by PATWA at ITB Berlin- the world's leading travel trade show," state Tourism Minister G A Mir told reporters here.
The award was presented by the Executive Director WTO and Secretary General PATWA at ICC building, Messe Berlin to Mir and minister of state for Tourism Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo.
Mir and Kitchloo led team of state Tourism participated in the four-day fair, which kicked off from March 6. In the fair, 10,086 exhibitors from 188 countries presented their products and services in display halls that were fully booked up.
"The visit has been very positive. We have to work hard to make our destination as the safest destination for foreign market," Mir said.