J N Petit cagers score big win
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
JN Petit High School crushed MBB 'A' in the opening match of the second edition of the Late Sanjay Mahadeo Nimhan Memorial basketball tournament. It scored a 45-13 win as Sahil Ghag and Anish Pawar emerged star performers. Ghag scored 10 points while Pawar scored eight. In the second match, New Youngsters scored a close 19-15 win over Ganga Satellite. Gurunanak Public School scored 26 points as they easily brushed aside Kaveri Sports Centre, 26-0. Somans 'A' won 21-8 against Abhinav. SM Choksey High School recorded a clinical 21-8 win against New India with Dipen Negandhi scoring six points for the winners. SSU won 27-10 against Bishops while Hoopers won a tight match — 25-21 — against Mitramandal. Ali Raja was the star for Hoopers as his 11 points helped his side gain the advantage. In the girls' event, only one match was played on Tuesday. Deccan Gymkhana beat Sardar Dastur High School 'B' 33-8. Shreya Chitnis scored 14 points for Deccan Gymkhana and was the team's best player on the court.