J P Dutta, Sunny Deol to be back with Border 2
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
After a gap of 16 years, director J P Dutta has decided to bring out the sequel of his hit war film Border and actor Sunny Deol is returning for the second movie.
"We are happy to announce that Sunny Deol will be part of starcast. Other names are in the deliberation stage. However, for now Sunny has been roped in for a pivotal role, since he was an integral part of Border," a statement said.
Border, a 1997 film, was based on the real occurrences of the 1971 war.
Though Sunny Deol essayed the role of a Sikh commanding officer in Border, in the sequel, he would not play a Sikh, but would again be seen in a commanding officer's role.
The film will be an adaptation from real life events, the statement said.