J P Dutta, Sunny Deol to be back with Border 2
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
After a gap of 16 years, director J P Dutta has decided to bring out the sequel of his hit war film Border and actor Sunny Deol is returning for the second movie.
"We are happy to announce that Sunny Deol will be part of starcast. Other names are in the deliberation stage. However, for now Sunny has been roped in for a pivotal role, since he was an integral part of Border," a statement said.
Border, a 1997 film, was based on the real occurrences of the 1971 war.
Though Sunny Deol essayed the role of a Sikh commanding officer in Border, in the sequel, he would not play a Sikh, but would again be seen in a commanding officer's role.
The film will be an adaptation from real life events, the statement said.
Details of the rest of the starcast are under wraps. Border 2 will go on floors by the end of October.