J P Dutta, Sunny Deol to be back with Border 2
- LIVE: Election Commission issues notice to AAP over clashes with BJP workers
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
After a gap of 16 years, director J P Dutta has decided to bring out the sequel of his hit war film Border and actor Sunny Deol is returning for the second movie.
"We are happy to announce that Sunny Deol will be part of starcast. Other names are in the deliberation stage. However, for now Sunny has been roped in for a pivotal role, since he was an integral part of Border," a statement said.
Border, a 1997 film, was based on the real occurrences of the 1971 war.
Though Sunny Deol essayed the role of a Sikh commanding officer in Border, in the sequel, he would not play a Sikh, but would again be seen in a commanding officer's role.
The film will be an adaptation from real life events, the statement said.
Details of the rest of the starcast are under wraps. Border 2 will go on floors by the end of October.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students